Monday, July 30, 2007

Bogus!!!

I got a bogus warning on my front door today announcing that a sex offender had moved in to the neighborhood. This is a scam, and they want you to subscribe to their website to get the information. All that information is available for free on the county website; I've already shown the pictures of the two close to my home to the sprog so she's aware, and this is a classic case of marketing by FUD -- Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt. The folks who run the website at www dot neighborhoodredalert dot com (I will not link to such a dishonorable company) hope to frighten folks into logging onto their website and paying their monthly subscription fee to access (probably outdated) information that is widely available for free on the Web through local law enforcement everywhere.

Spread the word. Don't give these people any of your money; they're dishonestly trying to scare you into subscribing.

No comments: